· Have a positive attitude.
· Come to class prepared (pen, pencil, paper, textbook)
· Do all of the assignments.
· Make sure you understand, and get help if you don’t.
· Get to class on time and stay until the end.
· Make a calendar of due dates.
· Make friends with other students.
· Get to know your instructor.
· Sit near the front.
· Speak up.
· Identify your goals and needs from this class.
· Read your syllabus cover to cover.
· Preview your textbook.
· Join (or create!) a study group.
· Use the Success Center at FTCC!
· Don’t give up!